How to change shocks on Nissan Qashqai
Follow this detailed guide to replacing the front shocks on a Nissan Qashqai. (Steps may vary depending on the model year.)
In order to replace shocks, you’ll need to make sure you safely raise the vehicle using a vehicle lift and have the following tools at your disposal:
- KYB Front Shock Absorber for Nissan Qashqai – R&L: Excel-G, Twin Tube (Part No. 339196)
- Socket wrench: 10, 13, 14, 18, 19, 21 mm
- Spanner: 10, 19 mm
- Screwdrivers: 6 mm
- Penetrating oil spray
- Wire brush
- Coil spring compressor
- Transmission jack lift
How to replace front shocks on Nissan Qashqai
- Remove the wheel.
- Clean the stabiliser link bar bracket bolt with a wire brush, then apply a penetrating oil spray.
- Remove the stabiliser link bar bracket bolt using an 18 mm drive socket and 19 mm spanner.
- Detach the ABS sensor cable from the clip and pull the clip from the bracket to release the brake hose cable.
- Take off the pinch bolt to release the wheel hub using a 21 mm socket.
- Remove nut behind the top mount using 10 mm ring spanner and 13 mm socket.
- Remove windscreen wipers using a 14 mm socket.
- Remove cowl grille panel.
- Remove remaining screws of the top mount using a 13 mm socket. Hold the shock absorber with one hand to make sure it doesn’t fall out.
- Remove the shock absorber and place it in the spring compressor. Then remove the strut mount using a 6 mm screwdriver bit and a 19 mm socket.
- Re-assemble the unit with the protection kit firmly located underneath the top mount to secure it.
- Assemble the new shock absorber, coil spring, protection kit and top mount in the compressor with the gate closed.
- Re-attach top mount using a 19 mm socket (6.3 daN.m).
- Place the shock absorber in the wheel arch and attach the top mount screws using a 13 mm socket (1.6 daN.m) and 10 mm socket.
- Fasten the stabiliser link bolts and re-attach the brake hose cable.
- Secure stabiliser link with 18 mm socket (7.7 daN.m) and 19 mm spanner.
- Secure the lower bolts with a 21 mm socket (17 daN.m).
- Re-attach ABS sensor cable to the clips.
- Finally, attach the strut mount using a 6 mm screwdriver bit and 19 mm socket (6.3 daN.m).
Choose quality components in your car
Excel-G shock absorbers from KYB are used by vehicle manufacturers and aftermarket repair shops across the world. The shock absorbers and struts are designed for maximum handling and comfort. Our patented valving and the use of pressurised nitrogen gas in the Excel-G range significantly reduces the aeration and foaming that typically occurs in other shock absorbers. That means greater performance over a greater shock life.
Get In Touch
PO Box 8156,