Citroen C3 Shock Absorber Replacement
Need to know more about Citroen C3 shock absorbers? Contact us.
Citroen C3 Shock Absorber Replacement Tools
- KYB Rear Shock Absorber for Citroen C3 – R&L: Excel-G, Twin Tube (Part No.334826 / 334827)
- Torque/socket wrench: 16, 19, 30 mm, T30, T40
- Spanner: 22 mm
- Bearing pullers / tongue-and-groove pliers
- Penetrating oil
- Transmission jack lift
- 4 lb hammer
- Pin punch
Citroen C3 Front Shock Absorber Replacement Steps
- Raise the vehicle with a transmission jack lift
- Spray control arm nuts and bolts with penetrating oil
- Disconnect wiring and brake housing
- Remove the old Citroen shock absorber
- Set up the new Citroen shock absorber
- Fit the new shock absorber into the wheel arch
- Re-attach the stabiliser link, control arm, and wiring
- Re-fit the wheel
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my shock absorbers need replacing?
Your shock absorbers probably need replacing if you notice bouncing, swerving, or vibrating when driving the vehicle. These warning signs should not be ignored as they make the vehicle less safe to drive, especially for long distances.
Can I change a shock absorber myself?
You can change shock absorbers yourself if you have basic auto mechanic skills and access to the relevant tools. However, it is advisable to seek help from a professional, especially if you haven’t replaced shock absorbers before.
Is it worth replacing shocks?
It is worth replacing shocks to improve the smoothness and safety of your ride. Worn shocks can make it difficult to control the vehicle and use the brakes. They can also cause permanent damage to the car’s suspension.
Get In Touch
PO Box 8156,