BMW 5 Series Shock Replacement
Need to know more about BMW X5 shock absorbers? Contact us.
BMW X5 Shock Replacement Tools
- KYB Rear Shock Absorber for BMW X5 – R&L: Excel-G, Twin Tube (Part No.341735 / 341734)
- Torque/socket wrench: 13, 18 mm
- Allen key sockets: 5, 6 mm
- Penetrating oil
- Transmission jack lift
BMW X5 Rear Shock Replacement Steps
- Spray the upper fastener using penetrating oil
- Raise the ball joint using a transmission jack lift
- Remove the old shock absorber from the wheel arch
- Set up the new shock absorber
- Place the new shock absorber in the wheel arch
- Re-install the upper fastener
- Re-fit the wheel and lower the vehicle
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are shocks for BMW X5?
Replacing Mercedes B Class shocks typically costs R800 and R2500 with KYB products. The total cost depends on fees set by the supplier and installers.
How long should shocks last on a BMW?
BMW shock absorbers should last between 5 and 10 years, depending on how often the vehicle is used. Be sure to have your shock absorbers checked or replaced every 50 000km.
How do I know if my BMW shocks are bad?
You will know your BMW shocks are bad by trying the push-down testing method. This entails repeatedly pushing down on each corner of the vehicle, causing it to bounce. If the vehicle continues to bounce once you have let go, your shocks may need replacing.
Get In Touch
PO Box 8156,