HOW TO REPLACE SHOCK ABSORBERS: SMART FORTWO
Learn How To Replace Smart Fortwo Shock Absorbers
Learn how to replace Smart Fortwo rear shock absorbers with our comprehensive guide. The video outlines every step of the process from removing the old shock absorbers to fitting new ones in the vehicle.
Please note that Smart car shock replacement and maintenance may vary depending on the model and year.
Need to know more about Smart Fortwo shock absorbers? Contact us.
SMART FORTWO SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT TOOLS
Make sure you have the following vehicle maintenance and repair tools at your disposal:
- KYB Rear Shock Absorber for Smart Fortwo – R&L: Twin Tube Excel G, Part No: 3438007
- Penetrating oil
- Jack lift
- Flat head screwdriver
- Socket wrench: 10mm
- Star socket: E16
- Spanner: 17mm
SMART FORTWO REAR SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT STEPS
- Raise the vehicle using your transmission jack lift
- Remove the wheel arch lining
- Disconnect the old shock absorber
- Remove the old shock absorber
- Set up the new shock absorber
- Install the new shock in the wheel arch
- Re-fit the wheel arch lining
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do Smart cars have shocks?
Smart cars do have shocks. The struts often contain shocks within them and are combined with springs and other parts to support the wheels.
Get In Touch
PO Box 8156,