Honda Accord Shock Replacement
Need to know more about Honda Accord shocks? Contact us.
Honda Accord Shock Replacement Tools
Make sure you have the following auto maintenance and repair tools at your disposal:
- KYB Front Shock Absorbers for Honda Accord – R&L: Excel-G, Twin Tube (Part No.341330)
- Torque/socket wrench: 10, 13, 21 mm
- Pin punch
- 4 lb hammer
- Penetrating oil
- Wheel chocks
- Transmission jack lift
- Coil spring compressor
Steps For Replacing Honda Accord Front Shock Absorbers
- Spray control arm nuts and bolts with penetrating oil
- Disconnect wiring and brake housing
- Detach the stabiliser link
- Remove the old Honda Accord shock absorber
- Set up the new Honda Accord shock absorber
- Fit the new shock absorber into the wheel arch
- Re-attach the stabiliser link, control arm, and wiring
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are shocks for a Honda Accord?
Honda Accord shock replacement typically costs R500 and R1500 with KYB products. The price is determined by the supplier and potential installation fees.
How long do shocks last on a Honda Accord?
Honda Accord shocks can last around 8 years or 160 000km in ideal driving conditions. We recommend checking and testing your shock absorbers once a year and replacing them if need be.
Get In Touch
PO Box 8156,