HOW TO REPLACE SHOCK ABSORBERS: FIAT DUCATO
Learn How To Replace Fiat Ducato Shock Absorbers
Learn how to replace Fiat Ducato front shock absorbers with our comprehensive guide. The video outlines every step of the process from removing the old shock absorbers to fitting new ones in the vehicle.
Please note that Fiat shock replacement and maintenance may vary depending on the model and year.
Need to know more about Fiat shocks? Contact us.
FIAT DUCATO SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT TOOLS
Make sure you have the following vehicle maintenance and repair tools at your disposal:
- KYB Front Shock Absorber for Fiat Ducato – R&L: Twin Tube Excel G, Part No: 335827 or 335827
- KYB Rear Shock Absorber for Fiat Ducato – R&L: Twin Tube Excel G, Part No: 345700 or 345701
- Penetrating oil
- Jack lift
- Phillips screwdriver
- Socket wrench: 16, 24mm
- Spanner: 10, 16, 24mm
- Allen key: 4mm
- Spring compressor
- Shock absorber tool:
Passage socket: 22mm
Socket wrench insert: 8mm
FIAT DUCATO FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT STEPS
- Raise the vehicle using a transmission jack lift
- Remove the front wheel of the vehicle
- Disconnect the old shock absorber
- Remove the old shock absorber
- Compress the old shock absorber coil spring
- Set up the new shock absorber
- Mount the new shock absorber
FIAT DUCATO REAR SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT STEPS
- Raise the vehicle using your transmission jack lift
- Remove the rear wheel of the vehicle
- Spray control arm nuts and bolts with penetrating oil
- Remove the old shock absorber and compress the coil spring
- Set up the new shock absorber and coil spring
- Install the new shock on the wheel arch
- Re-fit the wheel on the car and lower the vehicle
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I know if my Fiat Ducato shocks need replacing?
You will know if your Fiat Ducato shocks need replacing if you notice the car is bouncy and difficult to steer when driving.
What is the lifespan of Fiat Ducato shocks?
The typical lifespan of Fiat Ducato shocks is around 5 years. However, it depends on how often you drive the car and in which conditions.
Get In Touch
PO Box 8156,