HOW TO REPLACE SHOCK ABSORBERS: SUZUKI SX4
Learn how to replace Suzuki SX4 front shock absorbers with our comprehensive guide. The video outlines every step of the process from removing the old shock absorbers to fitting new ones in the vehicle.
Please note that Suzuki shock replacement and maintenance may vary depending on the model and year.
Need to know more about Suzuki SX4 shocks? Contact us.
SUZUKI SX-4 SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT TOOLS
Make sure you have the following vehicle maintenance and repair tools at your disposal:
- KYB Front Shock Absorber for Suzuki SX4 – R&L: Twin Tube Excel G, Part No: 333753
- Penetrating oil
- Jack lift
- Allen key: 5 mm
- Socket wrench: 12, 14, 17, 19 mm
- Spanner: 14 mm
- Spring compressor
- Shock absorber tool: Passage socket: 17, 19 mm & Socket wrench insert: 6 mm
- Mallet & pin
- Allen key: 5 mm
- Zip ties/ strap
SUZUKI SX4 FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT STEPS
- Spray the control arm nuts and bolts with penetrating oil
- Disconnect the wiring and brake hose
- Remove the old shock absorber
- Compress the coil spring of the old shock absorber
- Install the new shock absorber coil spring
- Mount the new shock absorber in the wheel arch
MASTER EACH STEP WITH OUR SUZUKI SX4 SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT VIDEO
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if my Suzuki SX4 shocks need replacing?
You will know if your Suzuki SX4 shocks need replacing by carrying out a simple bounce test: park your vehicle and push your body weight down on the front end of the vehicle. If you notice your Suzuki SX4 bounces up and down once you stop putting pressure on the car, there is a good chance that your shock absorbers need to be replaced.
How long should my Suzuki SX4’s shock absorbers last?
If you drive carefully, your Suzuki SX4’s shocks can last up to 10 years. It is good practice, however, to check your shocks at least every 3 years. Some roads may not have been well maintained and affect the lifespan of your shock absorbers.
How can I identify if my shocks are worn on my Suzuki SX4?
You can identify if your Suzuki SX4’s shock absorbers are worn if your vehicle sways or bounces in a manner that feels out of your control when you are driving.
Get In Touch
PO Box 8156,