HOW TO REPLACE SHOCK ABSORBERS: RENAULT KOLEOS
Learn how to replace Renault Koleos front shock absorbers with our comprehensive guide. The video outlines every step of the process from removing the old shock absorbers to fitting new ones in the vehicle.
Please note that Renault shock replacement and maintenance may vary depending on the model and year.
Need to know more about Renault Koleos shocks? Contact us.
RENAULT KOLEOS SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT TOOLS
Make sure you have the following vehicle maintenance and repair tools at your disposal:
- KYB Front Shock Absorber for Renault Koleos – R&L: Twin Tube Excel G, Part No: 339198
- Penetrating oil
- Jack lift
- Socket wrench: 18, 19 mm
- Spring compressor
- Shock absorber tool: passage socket: 17, 18 mm & Socket wrench insert: 6 mm
RENAULT KOLEOS FRONT SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT STEPS
- Spray the control arm nuts and bolts with penetrating oil
- Disconnect the wiring and brake hose from the mount
- Remove the old shock absorber
- Compress the coil spring of the old shock absorber
- Install the new shock absorber coil spring
- Mount the new shock absorber in the wheel arch
- Lower the vehicle
MASTER EACH STEP WITH OUR RENAULT KOLEOS SHOCK ABSORBER REPLACEMENT VIDEO
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I check my Renault Koleos shock absorbers?
It is advised to check your Renault Koleos shock absorbers every 20 000 kilometres. You can also ask your service advisor at every service to check your shocks for you if you are unsure.
How can I identify if my shocks are worn on my Renault Koleos?
You can identify if your Renault Koleos’ shock absorbers are worn if the vehicle sways when taking corners or you feel out of control when you are driving your car. These are signs that your shocks could need replacing.
Will replacing my Renault Koleos shock absorbers improve the ride quality?
Shock absorbers wear over time, it may be a while since you last replaced your shock absorbers. A new set of shock absorbers may significantly improve the ride quality on your Renault Koleos compared to your old and worn shocks.
Get In Touch
PO Box 8156,