Mercedes Benz Shock Absorber Replacement
Need to know more about Mercedes-Benz shock absorbers? Contact us.
Mercedes Benz Shock Replacement Tools
- KYB Rear Shock Absorber for Mercedes Benz – R&L: Gas-A-Just, Mono Tube (Part No.553340)
- Torque/socket wrench: 14, 16, 17 mm
- Spanner: 16 mm
- Penetrating oil
- Transmission jack lift
STEPS FOR REPLACING MERCEDES REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS
- Raise the vehicle using a transmission jack lift
- Remove the boot lining
- Unscrew the upper fastener of the shock absorber
- Remove the old shock absorber from the wheel arch
- Set up the new shock absorber
- Place the new shock absorber in the wheel arch
- Re-fit the wheel and lower the vehicle
- Re-install the mounting cap and upper fastener
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to replace shocks on a Mercedes?
Replacing Mercedes B Class shocks typically costs R800 and R2500 with KYB products. The total cost depends on fees set by the supplier and installers.
Do Mercedes have struts or shocks?
Mercedes vehicles have both struts and shocks. Shocks are an individual component of the suspension system while struts from part of the chassis and suspension. Both parts enable you to smoothly control the vehicle and brake with ease.
Get In Touch
PO Box 8156,